Friday, March 14, 2014

In China!!!

So we are finally in China! It has been a rough week but things are starting to look up. Today was filled with unpleasant medical tests but we did get to meet our boss who is super nice. We also finally got internet up and running. It is sporadic at best as many sites are blocked, but I will try to keep updating as we go along. Emily is sad because her mac cannot get on the interwebs here, so she will have to use my computer until we figure that out. The two of us have just started getting used to the time difference and hopefully have finished with the jet lag. Eating and shopping have been an adventure as everyone seems to know "Hello" and "bye bye" but that is about it. I brought waaaaay to much stuff, but it was freaky leaving our house, car, and rabbit at home so I overcompensated by bringing too much of the wrong things. I already wish I had more books! The kindle is nice, but I just can't get into it like I can a print book. The weather here is incredibly hot and humid, but everyone is very nice. I got a nice little fan shaped like a frog that keeps us nice and refreshed. We are debating setting up a common blog so that we don't repeat stories so I will let you know if that happens. No pics so far, but they will be forthcoming. Feel free to email us as we love hearing from people and miss everyone and everything. I got super exited on the bus today watching the Chinese version of American Idol when a contestant sang a Carrie Underwood song. I MUST be hurting for american culture :)

That's it for now, more when I have the chance.
Love,
JJ

1 comment:

Theresa Mattiello said...

WOOO CHINA!!!! :) I'm looking forward to hearing how it goes! Miss y'all