Sunday, July 13, 2008

Hold ON!!! I don't know why I say it, the situation just keeps coming up!

This is a picture I took of Emily sleeping. It was only a day or so after we had seen Wall-E, and she was holding her hands in her sleep. Ain't she purty!


I'm pretty sure that she was dreaming of this...


Speaking of Wall-E, here is another of the promotional watches that a wonderful coworker got for me. Now I have two!!! Bwa ha haa!!!
Today was a great day. Emily and I woke up and had some coffee and english muffins. She worked on the new bag she made me for school and read her Neil Gaiman book (that I recommended), while I tried to work on my bike. I was marginally successful in that attempt. The motivation to do so was sparked by my new neighbor Ryan and his lovely wife Stacy. I fear he shall actually shame me into riding my bike to work. Living so close there is no way I could continue to make excuses. So I pulled out my commuter bike and proceeded to promptly strip the seat adjust bolt. Great. Much cursing and a destruction of a $20 rack (because I needed a most likely $2 bolt) I got it fixed. Now it fits me, and the seat doesn't angle up in an allarmingly ball smooshing way. After my manliness reached Cimmerian proportions (more on that later) we went to the fabric store and got a strap for my new bag. Emily kindly granted my request to make a new man purse/satchel for me. This is the third one. The first was totally designed by me and almost got me kicked og Guilford's campus. I had wanted to go "Native American," and what was homage in my mind MAY have come off a little offensive. So that one was cannibalized to make the second bag, which I had only a minimal design role. It is very beautiful, but the cloth that (of course) I chose is a little warm for winter. So I wanted a plain light bag and emily made it for me. It has all sorts of cool little things like a pretty pocket, an opening flap-pocket thingy so it can double as bike saddlebags, and a FITTED strap. That is some fine work. Here's a picture.

Next to it you can see the little collapsible bag we have for getting groceries, and a blanket that Emily made. Here's a picture of the beautiful pocket.

So anyhoo, after I fixed my bike, me and Ems rode over to Ryan's house (we're watering their plants) and I fixed his hot water heater! I have never fixed so many things in one day in my whole life. I was a golden god, a manly man from he man town. Then Emily reminded me that I was a science fiction nerd with a wizard obsession who snuggled with tiny bunnies and became a vacant eyed drooling zombie at the Science Fiction Museum in Seattle. I conceded that though those things were indeed true, she was the one who had dated me for three years; what does that say about her options huh! HA!
After that we went and saw Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D. It was AWESOME!!! The movie was stupid and the acting was not so hot, but the 3D was great. They really tried to throw it in anyway that they could. My three favorite moments:
1. Having Brenden Fraser's toothpast spit coming at me. Eew!
2. The ride on the miner's cart that made the Temple of Doom mine cart ride look lame.
3. The prehistoric dandelion fluffs that floated around my head. Beauuuutiiiiful.
I'm off work for a whole week which is AWESOME, but I do have to go to school. I'm actually kind of nervous. I'm taking a one week, 4 credit class this week. The class is mon.-fri. from 9-5:30. It sucks cause it's so concentrated, but who could pass up a week long class that counted as 4 credits! Hopefully no one will make fun of my new bag. Or my beard or womens sunglasses. Or the eco bags I bring my lunch in. Or the new jelly thongs I bought at wall mart.
Speaking of wal mart, here's one of the treasures I "excavated" from my last blog.


Emily and I are going to see my dear ol dad mid August, and are trying to plan a way to have a vacation for ourselves before the horrifying next year (i.e. no money, we both have tons of school-me 6 classes, her grad school, etc.). So we are trying to go to the beach. One of our little traditions is to take puzzle to the beach and work on it at nights or whenever. At wally world the other day there was a special 10 PACK of puzzles on sale super cheap. I'm excited. Puzzles smell like vacation.

And here's a beautiful spoon that Emily's sister got me in Mexico a while back. I kept meaning to write about it, but lost the spoon promptly after receiving it. I found it and decided to blog on it to show my appreciation. A spoon this tiny just makes me wish I could have experienced the 80s and cocaine like Motley Crue did. Sigh.


I've been drinking a lot of tea lately. Don't know why. I suppose because its tasty. And here's two of my recent ebay acquisitions. I loved the new chronicles of Narnia movie and went looking for my old copies. I couldn't find them anywhere and thought maybe that mother had them. But she didn't have them either. I remember used to (back in the good old days) I would see two, three sets at a time in the ed mckays free bin, so I went lookin' there. They had none in the free bin and a $20(!!!) box set for sale. Ed mckay's is gettin' crazy. So I ordered a beautiful set off ebay for $9.
I've been really into wizards and magic recently (hell, I just watched David Blaine's dvd and loved it--that guy is CRAZY!!!). My addiction to magic has surpassed the mystic gemstones and has ventured into me doing 3! magic tricks (of which two work, and of those two only one works all the time). But the wizard nerdiness reached new heights with this purchase of what I like to think of as my own super nerdy pewter Isle of Roke (Earthsea fans rejoice!!!). I know I will be mocked for this, but I can't resist cheap little pretties that I can display. Hee hee.

And here is the most adorable-est bunny in the whole wide world. Sleepin' in the litter box. He's so much like his old man that it almost brings a tear to my eye. (Sniff).

Now prepared to be destroyed by cuteness. A sleepy Cornbread stretches and FALLS!!! I just died of the cute.








3 comments:

Emily said...

Cornbread is the cutest!

msinterpret said...

Hello Jeremy. This is long-lost Audrey. If you are coming to the beach (in Wilmy), you had BETTER call me.

Let's catch up soon. I plan to write you a longish email as soon as I get a minute.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the spoon appreciation.