Friday, July 11, 2008

More Junk






What a delightful day. I woke up late and had some coffee and finished my wonderful Clarke book (see last post). I can't recommend it enough. I'm typing away on the eee pc, watching the bunny slowly destroy and old pop-tarts box. The little lady is in the other room watching Degrassi. I managed to find time in my busy schedule to read a blast from the past Scott O'Dell's Island of the Blue Dolphins. When I was a kid I really liked this book, but now it just seems depressing. She never was able to talk to anyone after she left the island? It is incredibly sad. Here's some good news. I got some new pretties today! We went to Wal-Mart to get Emily a camera case for her new camera. She has wanted a new one forever, and finally found one that she liked. Lucky for me, because I get her old one. If you spend anytime with me at all and know how much I like to take pictures you probably know how crappy my camera is. Anyhoo, we were in hell, i mean Wally world, when I ran across these amazing little toys that were only $.88 (sidenote: am I crazy or is there no cent sign. I don't think I have ever used it before, but I can't find it now.) They are tiny little pyramids that you have to tear apart with the tiny little archaeologist tools that they give you. They were really fun to tear up and the tiny little plastic toys are just the kind of thing that I love. I also went by Big Lots and got some more Mystic Gemstones. The new descriptions are added on the side, so check em out. I have all their power! Ha ha ha!!! The bunny is doing little happy hops around the house. He's intolerably cute. Emily and I also invested in some wiffle balls for use in our appleball game. We were worried that we might run out of apples to hit in the backyard, so the wiffle balls were the logical next step. Unfortunately the metal bat does some major damage to little plastic balls. Emily thinks we need to invest in a foam bat. An explanation--I'm really into wizard and wizard lit recently. I found a free book at Ed Mckays. When I got home I found a Hermione cut out that the previous owner had used as a bookmark. Emily wanted to know why I had it and I said she was going to be my new girlfriend. Emily took this picture and demanded that it be included in the blog. So here it is.

No comments: