Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Vanilla Cloud Groove

Just coastin', how I do. Em's is sleeping beside me and I can't explain how excited I am that in just a little more than a month I will be married to her. Plus, Jamaica will be warm! We used the heat for the second time this season. I thought that the house was so well insulated by mold and old cat hair that we wouldn't even need it at all (after all, we never used it last year in the shoddy apartment). But apparently having one neighbor catty-cornered to us in the apartments who DID use heat was enough to get us through. Here we have no such heat sharing neighbor. The two of us freeze while Cornbread just looks delighted and fluffy. Stupid bunny. Emily suggested we try finding an energy efficient space heater since the house has baseboard heat with controls in every room. The heat works okay, but it only really warms up the bedroom. In the rest of the house you just have to huddle over it to get any real effect. I think some of the enjoyement is just psychological. We had spent evenings at the gym, or barnes and noble or the library, but they don't stay open that late (except the gym and who can stay there more than a couple of hours!).

I worry a little that my frugality is trending toward miserliness, but am not too concerned as we are still being dutiful little consumers.

1 comment:

Emily said...

aww pookie i love your post! Heat is awesome and cornbread does look happy and smug in the cold!