Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Crippled

Internet here has been sporadic at best, but last week it just stopped. I have spent many hours with the computer guy installing lots of fun invasive software on my computer. FUN! Now it seems to be working, but limits Skype calls to about 5 minutes, and also only occasionally lets me go to sites outside of wikipedia and yahoo. Oh well. I will admit to a large amount of internet withdrawal. I would like to be able to say that it taught me some important lesson about becoming to attached to the web, and how I broke those bonds; but instead I will just stay online for 10 straight hours, chainsmoke, and chug gallons of coffee, occasionally screaming "INTERNET!!! WHEEE!" and running in circles. Emily and I had a chance to go practice with our friends band Pumpkin who is having their farewell show in June. Luke (our friend, but also not his "real" name) asked me to sing a song or two. I must say that the band has gotten worse. It appears that every member they have had for the last 4 years will reunite (about 12-13 people) to play. Their set consists of pretty much the same set they have played at every concert with the addition of my original song (which I feel has been a little butchered) and "Bad Romance" by Lady Gaga. Sigh. That's all for now, just enjoying being connected to the rest of the world (somewhat anyway).

No comments: