Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Hello!

Hello! I desperately wanted to title this first blog something like "Welcome to the blogosphere!" But that sounded to 80s/Mad Max. This is my first real blog. I was inspired by this cool guy I have a class with. He told me about his blog and I, being the creepy lurker I am, immediately went to it. As I scanned down the list of titles for his blogs I saw "Why I Blog" (or something to that effect). While all of his reasons were very humorous and self-deprecating, what stood out was his view that a blog is the modern journal (duh) and that it does tend to provide one with an easily viewable history. (His section about all the books he had read this year was also very inspiring)

About me. My names Jeremy, I'm about to turn 25, I work at Starbucks and go to school at Guilford College. I'm majoring in elementary education and english. Just the thought of pouring out all the effluvium that clutters my poor skull warms the cockles of my heart.

I chose the black background because i read in Popular Science that it's good for the environment.

(Just in case some crazy rich person reads this, I want a scooter and an Asus Eee pc)

Hopefully the blogs will get a little better as i get more practice.

1 comment:

IM said...

Great start, and thanks for the plug, I will of course create a link to this particular post.