Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Notes on a Book List

I tried to compile some of the books i've read this year, and have reached the following conclusions:
A) If I can't give myself a succinct (yet accurate) recitation of the book-it doesn't count.
B) Only some graphic novels can count. If i listed all the Marvel Essentials or Showcase Presents i read over the summer i think i would die of embarrassment.

*side note* ---- lest anyone be confused the truth shall be told here. I, Jeremiah Paddock, am a HUGE nerd. I like and enjoy all kinds of things that most 14 year olds would cringe at. I however, feel very little shame and can rationalize just about anything to myself. If you follow the myspace link to my, um, myspace, than you will see that i have a whole photo album devoted to my weird obsessions with material clutter. I'm the person that still collects comic books, and I'm the one that regularly peruses the vending machines at grocery stores for interesting trinkets. The upside is that i'm the only person i know who can win stuff from those claw machines. I know when to gamble on those. Once, in an effort to impress this really hot chick, i got the prize with the claw machine not once but twice!!! We promptly had sex right there in the Wal-Mart entrance. So you see this weird nerdiness can

1 comment:

IM said...

Ah, zen master of the claw-grabby thing. Some really cool things are being done with graphic novels these days. I listed a manga book on my read list, sometimes I just need pictures.