Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Bicentennial and Bananas

It's that time of year where every day is a struggle just to get out of bed. I have so much due at school that I can't even breathe. Luckily I have a blog and an Emily to vent to. There is only really two or three projects that are going to eat me alive, but I'm not all that worried. I think that my first few insane tax return purchases are going to start trickling in. Once the semester is over I will really be able to enjoy them. So far I have amassed a massive quantity of books and magazines to read once school is out. This summer I will have a crazy first five weeks, but then it will slow down a little. Hopefully I will be able to save up some money and relax. I really want to do some canoing this summer. My spellcheck says that "canoing" is spelled correctly, but it still looks really weird to me. Emily got into grad school, and I am so proud of her. She really worked hard to get it. This past Saturday Emily and I attended the bicentennial celebration downtown. The African drumming/dance show was awesome. I took a picture of them when they came off the stage to dance with some of the kids and one very special young man in the crowd. There was also a really cool exhibit on antique bicycles that I enjoyed. It seems like I don't have many reasons to go downtown. It is really nice with the new plaza. My Ubuntu system seems to be working very well, and it very hard to go back to windows or even the mac os (on Emily's computer). I know that Linux is not for everyone, but it JUST WORKS. Which is hyper important to me. Here are some photos.

No comments: