Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Some Sweet Dreams

First of all, I'd like to mention that apparently I'm not the only one who has thought of the 10k day idea. Here is an article that you may find interesting. If you look near the bottom you will see that yes indeedy my blog was quoted. That counts as being published!!! Here's what I've been up to.
-I was offered the TA position for my Chem. class next spring. Very flattering and exciting. Also I may tutor a girl from my class for real money! They will pay you for that!
-I finally got Ubuntu to work on my old desktop. It took a little time but it really is cool. No Microsoft involved. The experience has been very empowering. I didn't even know what a terminal window was until last night. I was entering code and all sorts of stuff. Hurray! My greatest achievement was getting my rhythmbox to work by looking online at the forums and finding the answer to my problems. It was cool.
-My listening obsession with Vampire Weekend and M.I.A. led me to look at the record label they share. My two big finds are Dizzee Rascal and Ratatat. I can't stop listening to Dizzee. It's very hip.
-I think that the little Starbucks band my get off of the ground. I played a bass today at the music store and it was really fun. I want to talk our drummer into getting an electronic drumkit.
-I checked a "to do" off of my life goals checklist tonight as I purchased an excellent sombrero. It is pretty sweet.
-The lottery is going to be mine. I got a powerball ticket and there is no way I can lose. I'm already planning on what I will do with the money.
-I wrote a short story for my Eng. class and if the teacher doesn't totally rip it to shreds than I my post it on here. Thanks goes out to Ian for proofing it for me!
Later
---maybe I'll post some pics of my sombrero!!!

2 comments:

Annie said...

My brother is a famous published author!

Daniel Green said...

Where oh where have you been Jeremy?

Come to see me.