Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Criticalist of Digitalist

Oh woe is me! Today the unthinkable (except I think I wrote about my sneaking suspicions of it in the last 2 blogs) has happened. Old (less than a week old anyway) cheap digital camera has kicked the proverbial bucket. I know that this will disappoint some of you (mostly me). I really just don't think that the poor thing was ever supposed to really be used all that much. Today I came home from Starbucks and my first class of the day (Europe in Revolution) to upload the 20 or so pictures I had shot that morning (and some of them were pretty good, only a little shaky and blurry). There was even a video of espresso shots being pulled! Then it happened. The camera...did absolutely nothing. Wouldn't turn on. My computer wouldn't recognize it, and no amount of crying, cursing, hitting, apologizing, gentle caresses, segues into more hitting and cursing, crying apologies, or flinging across the rooms would help. Sigh. Maybe "Critical Digital" will return at a later date, but for now it is done. In other news, I'm writing an article about the best Pad Thai in Greensboro, and my drumming class will have a "recital

No comments: