Monday, January 11, 2010

Jamaica Day 3

It's pretty late so I won't write too much. Today was crazy busy and I am exhausted. Nine Mile is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. Jamaica is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. Today's Lion Zion Bus (wink) carried us through a city, tiny towns, beautiful rain forest, fields, pastures, gorgeous island streams and majestic mountains. The drive was a little harrowing but our driver did a great job and we all came out okay. Marley's mountain home was simply stunning. We rested on his favorite meditating rock, saw his grave, checked out some gold records, etc. But by far the most amazing part was just being outside in such an amazing place. It was a spiritual fuel. That sort of sounds silly, but I believe it 100%.

It was pretty chilly today (75 or so) and Em's and I debated about wearing a hoodie. Everyone here was bundled up in their finest winter gear. Our host this morning just shivered almost the whole time she was having breakfast. I love it here.

Tomorrow I get married. Eek. I'm a little nervous just because it sort of crept up on me :)
I think that's gonna be it tonight. I am so dang tired. Emily and I are having a fantastic time, and seeing some incredible things. It is just nice to have such a total validation of our idea of having a magic wonderful wedding here. The trip has been great and even though some of the marriage stuff is just formality, icing on our proverbial cake relationship :), it is going to be wonderful to keep going on this trip with someone I absolutely love and adore. Things sometimes get rough, but I know that everything is going to be all right. (thanks bob)
Love and _Vm
jj

2 comments:

Dougpad said...

Are you married yet?

Love you both!

Dad

Anonymous said...

Happy wedding day!!! I hope it was wonderful! It sounds like you're having a great time, enjoy every minute. Drink a slushy-fruity-alcoholy thing on the beach for me. I love you and Emily too!!!

AA