Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Chocolate Cloud Groove

Another week under our belts. We just got assigned some more classes (ugh, night classes!) and were observed on Monday. I made a mean potato soup and Emily got all her hair chopped off. Emily has started to try to play guitar and is doing very well. She already knows 7 or 8 chords and can play through "Ripple" by Grateful Dead. It gives both of us something to do. I have been really slack lately, kind of in a rut. I am ready to come home and it just seems hard to invest in too much here. I plan on getting a little more motivated, maybe practicing guitar more and doing some exercises. Most of the time when I am not teaching or getting food, I just chill on the computer listening to music and reading comics or veg out with the kindle and my headphones. Lately I've read some pretty great books. I found a cool list of Nebula award winners and have been working my way haphazardly through it. Some I have read before or heard of but some are complete unknowns. I really enjoyed _The Speed of Dark_ by Elizabeth Moon and had only read some of her short stories in Asimov's or F&SF. I've done so much reading that I have been feeling a little inspired to try writing some, but we'll see how that goes. That's it for now!

No comments: