Friday, September 16, 2011

Guitar Build Pt. 3 (and 4)

So I have added two more coats to the guitar. This pic is after the third coat of tung oil.

And this one is after the fourth coat.

I planned on adding a coat a day, but I got behind doing other more fun things (hanging out with my friend Matt and having dinner with Ma). The guitar is starting to look way more finished in person. The crap cell phone photos don't really do the gradual gradations in hue any justice.

In other news, this looks to be a really exciting week/weekend. Tomorrow I am hanging out with Jed and going to Tate St. Festival and then going to the Green Bean to see my buddy Owen's release party. I work tomorrow and will be highly caffeinated for these two events. Also, the Wall is being shown at the Carolina theater Thursday, so I'm looking forward to that. And I have an exam next week. It seems exciting when I think about it, but writing it out just make Sat. and Thur. sound fun. I'm sure I will enjoy all of it though.

No comments: