Friday, February 1, 2008

What's Up

It has been a pretty crazy busy week. I just got home from my Thur. night class and I am beat. I rode my bike today (not very far), and it really got me excited about getting back into it. I think I may pick up a book on bike maintenance to see if I can do my own repairs. I enjoyed riding my bike today, but a recent ride of the Kona Africa bike showed me how a bike should REALLY fit. But for now I will do what I can with the bike I have (frugalness and all). Emily and I joined the veggie coop at school and got our first big haul in today. It's a really good deal, at $10 a week you get a huge amount of local, in season produce. We got armfuls of turnip greens and collard greens, 2 massive sweet potatoes and 2 winter squash. We feasted on one of the sweet potatoes this evening, pairing it with Quorn gruyere cutlets (yum). The weather has really been crazy this year. It snowed and then it was 60 degrees, who knows what it will do next? Tomorrow I have to work and then I'm going to attempt to ride to the lake that's pretty close to our house. Emily and I are planning on going to paint pottery and maybe even see a movie (although I doubt that will happen). Have a great weekend!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i feel like a giant vegetable