Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Oh Golly!

As I sit here listenin' to the sweet sound of The Carolina Chocolate Drops singin' "Cornbread and Butterbeans" I can't help but smile. There's so much happening right now and it's pretty exciting. So here's some news. I'm gonna be an uncle! Yep, Mitch and Anna finally got down to reproducin', so here's hoping that the kid gets his looks and her grace. Poor kid. Henry supposedly thinks that a baby is a great idea, but let's see what he thinks of it when he finds out he can't eat its diapers. Poor Henry. Hey, do you remember that time the giant robot attacked the Seattle space needle and I was there? There was a giant starship shooting laser beams and the robot barely seemed damaged? I do.


I got my new computer. It's pretty awesome and it is really tiny. I tried to take a picture where it was nested with my laptop and my ds, but the pic didn't turn out so well. You'll have to settle for this one instead. My economic incentive check went to gettin' this beauty. Hopefully (I just typed hopegully accidentally and then deleted it, but thought it might make a good band/song/town name. "Hello my name is Jeremiah and I'm from Hopegully NC!") using the little asus in school will save my wrist some wear and tear. It's funny that typing is not so painful for it. You think it would be. Here's a picture of the computer, ds and asus all together. Ahhhh, my babies.


I always love when someone comments on my blog, in fact it makes my day. I was sad that no one had much to say about the Natural Science Center blog and then Ashley gave me this. It's a comment in real life! I was so happy and I carried it around all day. When I started feeling a little down or bedraggled I would just pull it out of my pocket and it was just like watchin' the sun come out from behind the clouds. I think that Ashley may have found a little "joy" of her own, and that makes me happy. She def. deserves some. (I think she was a little stressed out last week)



Here's my latest toy. Emily got it for me at the Hollywood video. I like it tons. Mario is baaaaadass. I might open it someday (probably not).


Remember that time I took a picture of myself and I had the ds stick in my mouth but I had forgotten about it and then when I uploaded the picture I was all like, "WHAT?!", but then I realized what it was and felt silly? No, neither did I.


I'm gonna go procrastinate on some homework now. My little guilty pleasure recently is reading all the dirty old back issues of Asimov's, Fantasy and Science Fiction, and Ellery Queen that I have. It's not the kind of thing that would look so hot on a booklist, so maybe when I finish with this semester I'll take a picture of all the ones I've read so far. I better get to bed now before Emily comes home. She went to see that sex/city movie again. What a piece of garbage. If I wanted to watch four haggard old ladies try and get laid I'd just go Sigh...

3 comments:

Emily said...

oh my gosh that was an awesome blog and your robot picture blows my mind. I love you. I heart your blog

Anonymous said...

"Cornbread and Butterbeans" is my new favorite song! You're going to be a great uncle. I just hope the baby gets Mitchell's brains and my brawn!

Anonymous said...

liar! no new blog