Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Science Center

A few weekends ago me and Emily, along with our friends Ryan and Ashley ventured out to the Natural Science Center. I had not been there since they opened the new animal exhibits, so I was very excited. Emily and I met Ry and Arshley at Chipotle, and gorged on delicious burritos. The day started off with a little strife as Ryan wouldn't stop proselytizing about Barbossa-inos , because he apparently loved the Pirates of the Carribean films. Emily said some stuff and so did Ashley, but I didn't really listen. THERE WAS BARBACOA PEOPLE!!! I LIVE WITH A VEGETARIAN!!! Meat Time is holy time. Afterward we went to Starbucks. The store was not very busy and they had an espresso machine down. So me and Ashley were mean. We invented the most annoying drink in the world to make (but it's cheap!). The Eff-ewe consists of an iced quinti venti sub white mocha breve add energy starbucks doubleshot. Mmmmm.....

From there we went to the Natural Science Center. Before we went in, we decided to look around the park behind it, and show Ryan where the bark park is so he can bring his dog to run and play. On the way we saw some devil ducks. They were really Muscovy, but devil duck sounds catchier.

The Natural Science Center was amazing. I can't even begin to describe all the fun things we saw, but I'll try: a frog maze, a fake science project display, and dissassembled ipod, the world's worst t-rex (he has an anus though), two dead bears, an amazing performing groundhog, bug standups, a two headed turtle (there's a picture if you don't believe me), a blind snake, a cold stunted lizard, sharks puffer fish, millions of snakes, a pendulum (a very loud exhibit thanks to Ryan), snake skeletons, a one eyed owl, a guinea pig, a bunny, spiders, scorpions, more snakes (there were a LOT of snakes), a beautiful water fountain that I may have played in some, meerkats, tortoises, tigers, very disappointing maned wolves, a wallaby, llamas, I milked a fake cow, monkeys, birds, Ashley high fiving a display that was really supposed to show how bird's wings moved, and way too much more to even finish. Also some birds.

After that we went and got a boomerang. I was getting pretty good at it too, but I lost it behind the couch as soon as we got home. Emily seemed kind of happy about that, which is weird.
Then we went to the lake and waited for Stacy to get there. When she arrived we rented some "boats" for the "lake." These were paddle "boats." I don't think they should be called boats because I hate them. They are not made for plus sized Jeremys. Plus we were banned forever from them because we tried to pull up to the shore for snacks. No one told us to read the rules they had posted, and they didn't make me read them before they took my money. This is America, and I could sue THEM for letting me almost hurt myself by jumping from the unsteady plastic boat to shore. Plus I almost put my foot through the boat when I got out. I could have been seriously hurt!

Although I was pretty tired from having Ashley and Emily paddle me around the lake (it gets hot laying in the back) we decided to keep the day going. So all of us piled into cars and went to Red Robin. I had the whiskey river bbq burger with no tomato add bacon. Yum. I'm getting a little drooley now. Emily, Ashley, Ryan and Stacy all talked and said things, but I was too busy getting the restaurant to back up its bottomless fries policy to listen. Afterwards I napped in the car on the way home and had Emily carry me up to bed. It was a pretty awesome Sunday.













No comments: