Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Very Much Delayed Vacation Blog 8 and Epilogue

So on Friday, the day before we came home, Emi and I went to Broadway at the Beach (as we always do at Myrtle). We enjoyed a 3D move at the imax that tops almost every imax movie I have ever seen. It was called Sea Monsters and was about dinosaurs that lived in da ocean. The film was made all the more thrilling by the child behind me. That actually was not sarcasm. This kid gasped and was excited at all the parts I was, and could get away with loud oohs and aahs. There was a delicious (sarcasm here) meal at some crap Italian restaurant, multiple squished pennies, a crappy knight (embedded in a brick) from Magiquest, and a roll of quarters spent feeding the giant fishies.

That evening Emi and I went down to the ocean during the full moon and I swam in the sort of calm water. We walked down to the end of the beach where I fell into the current of the intercoastal waterway. Emily thought that was hilarious. We came back and read for a bit before hitting the hay.

On Saturday we woke up and had a leisurely breakfast before packing up all the tons of stuff that we brought and heading home. The ride home was nice. We stopped at Sonic and had some disgusting food. The best part of the ride home was that Emily drove, so I got to play with Cornbread the whole way home.

Epilogue: We got home (it was wonderful) and I started school. Emily's car broke down, we had dinner with Dad, Mitch and Anna, and I STILL haven't gone back to work. Life's pretty weird. But fun. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow to fix my hand. Yay.


Emily being a dragon.

Emily with a scary bear.


The boat I drove.


Emily driving.

Me in the rearview.


The hybrid bike I want.


1 comment:

Dougpad said...

Love the facial expressions in the Emily driving photo!

That's a nasty bear.

Extra cool bike, but need to ditch the knobbies.