Sunday, September 12, 2010

FOOOOOOD!

We had an amazing dinner out last night with Abby and one of our Chinese friends named Maggie. She took us to a restaurant that specializes in Northern Chinese cooking which is predominantly spicy. I have NEVER had food that spicy! We had tofu with peppers and bacon in chili oil, beef with peppers and onions in chili oil, frog in the hottest chili oil concoction I have ever tasted, and cauliflower with ham, green onions, and green peppers with chili oil. It was a spicy meal. I wish I had eaten ice cream after! Supposedly I really like Northern Chinese cooking because I like dumplings and I like spicy. Another of our friends named Nina took us out and said I had a "Northern soul." That may be because I ate two plates of dumplings. We also had delicious beef joints that you got to wear gloves to eat. You picked all the meat off and then sucked the marrow out with a straw! Yum!!! We also were brave and rode the bus and a taxi all by ourselves! Now I have to go with Emily to get a bike, but I will add more later.

1 comment:

Dougpad said...

Perhaps the amount of spice is required to conceal the true nature of the ingredients ex. frog.

Wasn't that the purpose of herbs in medieval times?

Carry on my brave boy!