Friday, November 16, 2007

Do Something Good

There's this really cool website called freerice.com that everyone should go to. It has a simple game in which you try to answer correctly the meaning of words. For every word that you get right, 10 grains of rice are donated to feeding the hungry. As far as I can tell the site is legit and is pretty cool. I'm always finding something to do when I'm at my computer that allows me to procrastinate on homework, and this is at least something good I can do. The OLPC computer is still available if anyone wants to invest. I think that it is a really great cause and the computer looks badass! My presentation in English went pretty well, and school is starting to wind down for the break. Even though I don't look forward to working this weekend or next, I have to remind myself that it will all be over in 6 weeks. I can't wait for the mall to slow down. Who has the money to spend on all of that crap? Another cool thing everyone should check out is revopower.com. It's a new techy thing that us lazy butts (or people with really long commutes) might have some interest in. I'm off to work (sigh) so if anyones around the mall do not, I repeat DO NOT! come to Starbucks to see me. I hope everyone is doing well and will try to post again soon.

1 comment:

Emily said...

don't worry soon the holiday season will be over yay! have you been drinking all the eggnog at starbucks again this year?