Saturday, January 5, 2008

A Beautiful Wedding

Today I attended a beautiful wedding. I went with Jed because Emily was one of the bridesmaids and therefore couldn't be my date. Until today I had never been to a Catholic wedding. There seems to be a lot of sitting and standing. Which is cool. The bride, Dottie Sawyer (now Dottie Dator), in Emily's bestest friend. They worked together at the Grande movie house. Emily was the only non-Sawyer bridesmaid. I know Dottie from way back. She briefly played violin in a band I had with Danny called Bliss. I still have tapes from our practices. I hope she and her husband have a great life and enjoy married life. Here's a picture of the bride. It was hard to get a face-on shot and I didn't want to get her attention when it was her day. I think it's a pretty pic though, and really shows off her dress. I also included a silent movie (because that's all the digital camera will take and I ALWAYS forget my vid cam for imp. things!) of the married couple being pulled in multiple directions. It's amazing at the end as they look like birds in a flock wheeling as one in the sky. I like to think of it as their REAL first dance.

1 comment:

Abby said...

Why have neither you nor emily posted pics of her in her bridesmaidery?

btw, thanks a lot for giving tony those pretties. he's all excited and i had to listen to 20 minutes of blah blah blah comics.