Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Birthdays and Che

It has been an uneventful week so far. I went to a birthday party last night for Mary Ann Sawyer. It was at Cafe Europa which I had never been to. Her boyfriend Jeff invited us and we all surprised her. Jeff's a pretty cool guy and a mid-westerner like myself. Here's a photo of Mary Ann being surprised.









I need to head out to the bookstore for my schoolbooks but I've been putting it off as I dread buying them. I think they are going to cost almost 400 dollars this semester! AAAACKKKKK!!! One book I did buy recently though is Chasing Che: A Motorcycle Journey in Search of the Guavara Legend by Patrick Symmes. The author retraces the famous motorcycle journey Che took in the 50s. I highly recommend it. Its purchase was influenced by the facts that a) it looked cool, b) I'm taking a Latin American history class this semester and flipping through the book I saw that it mentions Latin American politics a LOT. So far the politics have only served to confuse me, but having a prior knowledge base before taking a class always makes me more comfortable.












I've written before this (maybe) that I found a 3/4 sized guitar that I can play without hurting my wrist. It has really reinvigorated my interest in playing guitar. I spoke (through myspace messages) with a friend of mine who has his own recording studio about maybe recording something. Maybe that will happen and maybe it wont, but it still makes me happy to think about.












In my recent obsession with the Grateful Dead I've been listening to their album Aoxamoxoa on a constant basis. Its pretty awesome. Here's a pic of my wall hanging I got for Christmas. Emily and I may be heading back to N. Myrtle nest week, so you know there will be more fishy pics. That's all for now though. Maybe next time I'll actually write something interesting besides just what I've been up to lately.

No comments: