Saturday, September 1, 2007

Birthday Gorging

My birthday weekend is moving forward pretty well. This first picture is from the Friday festivities. After all my "real world" obligations were taken care of, E. and I went to Pho Hien Vuong for lunch. Pho is the best Vietnamese restaurant in town. I started with a delicious vegetarian imperial role, which is noodles, fried tofu, bean sprouts, and mint wrapped in rice paper. It is served with peanut sauce. Next I had the chicken noodle soup. Emily and I went to Dynasty and bought a plate and spoon to match my bowl. While there we picked up some delicious koala yummies. Then we came home and took a nap before heading out to Hollywood Video to pick up "Dynamite Warrior." The movie is a sweet muy thai kick boxing movie with a western flair. The main character rode rockets around and stopped buffalo rustlers. After we rented the movie we went to Tara Thai. I had vegetarian spring rolls and Chicken Pad Thai, extra spicy! Wait staff at Thai restaurants never believe that you want your food spicy. They always wait a few times to gauge your spice handling. Luckily at Tara Thai, the waitress knows how i like it! After we finished the Thai food we went by Walgreens for cigarettes, Jackie Chan energy drink, and Cadbury fruit and nut bars. I dropped by Pho to pick up some of their famous buffalo wings (get it? we had thai food and buffalo wings before our movie about Thai buffalo rustlers!) for during movie snacking. As you can probably guess by reading this, I promptly went into a food coma as soon as we came home. I woke up in the morning with buffalo sauce on my lips and bruises from attempter Muy Thai moves on my knees. What a fantastic start to birthday weekend.

1 comment:

IM said...

Sounds really good. Extra spicy huh? That's pretty brave. I'm thinking of eating a raw habanero and writing about it. I might have to take a day off afterwards Talk about suffering for art.