Monday, September 10, 2007

Two Dinners

This evening my dear old dad came to town. Pops was in town on business in Winston. I was very excited for him to be here because I haven't seen him since earlier this summer. This is a picture of him playing with my computer while enjoying an after dinner dum-dum. We met up with my sister on her dinner break from work. Anna (my sister) certainly looked nice in her navy scrubs. Emily, Anna, my father and I went to see Anna and Mitch's (my brother in law) new house that they just bought. Located close to UNCG (where Mitch goes to school) the house is also very handily located for my sis since it's so close to her work.

Aren't these orienteering glasses cool? They have a signal mirror and a compass. They also fold up nicely. Anyhoo, back to the story.
Concerned that we wouldn't have enough time to eat at Pho, we went to Jack's Corner. I don't get it. I suppose I just don't like Palestinian food. Every time I go there I think that I'm really going to like it, but I never do. Emily and Anna really enjoyed their food while Dad and I split an entree. Neither of us felt full, so as soon as we dropped dear old sis off at work, we went to Pho! Hurray!!!
Dad tried some of the buffalo wings that I've been writing about and had chicken vermicelli. I had the beef and green beans. It was thoroughly enjoyable, although none of the staff that asks me if Dad's in town EVERY TIME I GO THERE! were working the one time he came.

HA HA HA! Look how cool I look here! That's one sexy man. Something that was weird was that my family has been reading my blog. So I would say something like, "Guess who came to surprise me at work yesterday?" And one of them would say, "Jed." It was a little disappointing, although kind of pleasing to the lazy part of me. I'd say, "Banana cigar." And they would say, "Sounds like fun." It was like abbreviated conversation. Now that I think about it, this is great. Now I'll just refer people to blog post titles and dates when I'm at family functions and they ask how I'm doing or what I've been doing.

This is me looking far off into the distance of the hallway.
Emily says that Jacks Corner isn't agreeing with her tummy. That makes me sad.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Would you like to know some anagrams for your name?

Hijacked Jams Romped

A Jack Jammed Spheroid

A Madam Pic Jerked Josh

A Cheddar Jams Joke Imp

http://wordsmith.org/anagram/