Friday, September 7, 2007

Manny the Mantis



These days Emily and I have a new friend. Out on our steps live Manny the Mantis. He does a pretty good job of keeping our stairs free of bugs. I'm pretty tired. For Hist. I had to watch the movie "Bandit Queen," a sensationalized story of India's Phoolan Devi. Dear God, that has to be one of the most depressing movies of all time. Phoolan's life (as portrayed in the movie) consisted of a series of rapes followed by murder and violence. The real Phoolan Devi became a member of India's parliament and was assassinated in 2001. I continue to have massive computer issues, but hopefully they will be resolved soon. I really like this computer and hope that if they send me a new one it will be the same one. Without all the problems of course. Emily continues her job hunt and has gotten back some pretty positive replies from potential employers. She is so smart and capable that I have no doubt she will get a great job. That's all for now as I have to get to class. If anyone is at Four Seasons Mall tonight they should drop by Starbucks and say hi.

No comments: