Sunday, September 2, 2007

My Birthday

So the final day of birthday weekend is here. September 2nd, 2007. I am 25 years old today. A quarter century old. One third of the way through life. While I desperately want to go into some long rant about what I have and haven't accomplished in my time on this earth, instead I will tell about all the trivial and fun things that I did today. The morning started off with a phone call from my pops saying happy birthday and sending his well wishes my way. Emily and I putted around the house for a bit while I fiddled with the new laptop (which has been malfunctioning an annoying amount for a new computer), before heading out to eat. We attended this weekends eatery of choice, Pho Hien Vuong, where I had a delicious vegetarian imperial roll, buffalo wings, and spicy basil chicken fried rice. It's my birthday, and I can die of heart disease if I want to. Then we went to the Asian food store where the cashier berated me for not driving to Wilmington to visit my dad on my birthday. We purchased a couple of delicious koala yummies and a mug from China that Emily insisted that I wash before using.Then we went home and I opened all of my wonderful presents. I recieved a very cool picture from my best buddy Jed, a minotaur, dragon head, and Iron Fist collectible figurine, a Green Lantern t-shirt (super nerd!), a wind up tin robot, and some art supplies from my sweetheart. She made the day even better when she informed me that EVERYTHING on my Amazon wishlist had been purchased and was making its way to our humble little home. I was visibly excited by this and actually had a few tourette like spasms. THEN she brought a new bookcase that had been hiding in her trunk to put all my new books on (she wants me to add that she bought a 2lb bag of skittles for me as well). Then Emily and I went to Starbucks and had a doubleshot of espresso, a pumpkin spice latte, and a single tall three pump no whip white mocha frappaccino. After loading up on caffeine we went out to the Lake Higgins Environmental Education facilities where I photographed many disturbing stuffed animals. How I found out about this wonderful place is a whole other story. Satiated on old broken animal carcasses, Ems and I decided it was time for dinner. Unfortunately the Indian restaurant doesn't open until 5, so we wasted an hour at Ed Mckays. At dinner i had chicken chili and rice pudding. We came home and groaned for a while about how we would never eat again after this weekend (although I'm finishing up the rice pudding now). We watched Flight of the Conchords clips until it was time to go to the movie of the evening. "3:10 to Yuma" is fantastic. Everyone should see it. There hasn't been a great Western movie out in a long time, but this one was superlative. When I came home I spoke with my favorite Bostonian, Ray Ray (Keeper of the Bobo), who told me that everything is a text, thus spurring my train of thoughts on a difficult (because I'm anal) English assignment. After i finished that, I started this, and now that it's done I'm going to bed.

What a great year!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that was the best text i've ever read
bobo agrees

IM said...

Sounds like an awesome birthday weekend and don't worry, 25 is still the springtime of life. Sorry for the cheese with that last part.