Monday, December 17, 2007

And Then It Was Cold

Hello all! Sorry it's been so long since I've written anything, but I've been super busy with the ending of school and work. The mall has been pretty hellish, and any loss of business due to the closeness of a recent gang shooting has NOT been noticed. I managed to do pretty well in school, with my lowest grade being a B- in English, which I was disappointed with but KNOW that I earned. I worked my butt of for that class. My most exciting piece of news is that my favorite author, Bruce Sterling, read my final history paper. I wrote it on his short story "Kiosk" and he said it was "hilarious." I suppose that's pretty good. Maybe that's why I got a B- (sigh). But you cannot imagine my joy at checking my email and seeing his name. I made some cool meals and finally have gotten kick started into my plan for better health. This comes from a depressing conversation with my doctor about my lifestyle. More on all of that later. I took some pics of our little kitchen on one of its rare clean days. I just thought it looked nice. Also there's a picture of the fateful day that Bruce Sterling wrote me. Lately I've really been wanting to get back into playing the guitar and writing music. Its an outlet that I feel has been gone for to long in my life. On ebay I found these cool Stella guitars that are 3/4 or 1/2 size. My wrist doesn't really let me play full sized guitars, but I haven't tried anything smaller besides the uke. The uke doesn't seem to bother the wrist unless I do it for a really long time, so maybe I should check into the smaller guitars. I managed to finally get some stuff checked off of my TO DO list, adn sold some ebay crap. Most of it went for a pretty fair price, but it is depressing how you never make back what you spent. Emily wrapped a lot of our Christmas presents today after we went shopping. I found some pretty neat stuff for people. We had a delicious dinner of black bean burritos. After dinner (and before, when we were cooking) I worked on my Mom's boyfriend's present. It really cmae out pretty well, and I'm excited to see if he liked it. It's one of my more successful homemade gifts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what did the doctor say?

Anonymous said...

Good job on the grades! Can't wait to see you Sat.