Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas I

This Christmas season started off with a bang on the 22nd. I woke up at 4 am and went into work. At 4 pm I attended Jed's father's winter solstice celebration. There was much pagan fun had by all. We ate butternut squash soup and cast seeds over our shoulder in hopes the sun would return for a new year. As the sun was obscured by clouds, we toasted its replica scepter with our glasses of champagne (with delicious raspberrys floating within). Jed and I left that party and went to starbucks to unwind with some coffee and smokes. Then we went and got Em's to go to Anna's Christmas party. We ate lots of delicious food and drank some good coffee. I got some awesome presents and laughed and almost cried and generally had a pretty great christmas. Emily did not expect one present she got and that made me happy. Jed was officially inducted into the family and is one of us forever. Tonight (christmas eve) Em's and I went down to Asheboro to see mama and ate more food and drank good coffee and I re-discovered my amazing tape collection. I have included in this post some pics of presents I made for other people. I talked about them in earlier blogs, but couldn't put up photos or people might see them. One is a wood burning I made of two quail for my mom's fiance. The other is a prototype tin can lamp I made for Jed.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Henry's a superstar!!!